Start the fun of your Walt Disney World holiday before you even leave home. Once you’ve booked your holiday, you can use an incredible family of online tools—including an app*—as your digital guide to the magic, both at home and on the go. From maps to videos to itinerary tools and more, everything is in one easy place on your own profile page so you can concentrate on simply enjoying your holiday. Review, make and share plans by connecting to your travel group in Family & Friends.
You can even use it to select FastPass+ experiences for an unprecedented array of attractions, shows, viewing areas for fireworks and parades before you arrive.
My Magic+: The Basics
Firstly you need to register with My Disney Experience, this is where you create your personal profile and start building your personal holiday itinerary. Once you receive your tickets from us you simply add them to your account.
- Plan your holiday time at Walt Disney World Florida and familiarise yourself with all the rides and attractions available.
- Use some great planning tools such as park maps which highlight the top attractions in each park.
- Pre-book your favourite restaurants to ensure you can make the most of your time in the Parks.
- Access Disney’s FastPass+ to pre-book your rides and attractions. If you aren’t sure what to select, try a FastPicks recommendation to quickly add multiple FastPass+ options to your plans!
With My Disney Experience, you can also:
- Link your family and friends to your profile so you can share plans together.
- View your day-by-day plans, including all your dining reservations, Wish List items and FastPass+ arrival window times.
- Download the mobile app – with this you will be able to do everything listed above, plus see real-time attraction wait times and more!
- MyMagic+ enables you book your FastPass+ for your favourite rides, attractions and viewing areas for the parades and fireworks in advance of your holiday and reserve seats at your favourite restaurants up to 180 days in advance. This is applicable to both on-site and off-site guests. However if you are staying off site you can only reserve your FastPass+ 30 days in advance, we strongly recommend ordering your disney tickets 6 weeks in advance.
- If you change your mind dont worry. You can amend your itinerary on the go in the park using the free WiFi available throughout the Walt Disney World Resort. Alternatively, cast members are on hand to help at the new FastPass kiosks located around the parks.
- All our Disney tickets are MyMagic+ ready, so as soon as you have received your tickets, you can start to plan your time.
- We are also on hand to answer any questions you may have and help ensure you get the very most out of your time at Disney, we have visited Disney and used these new tickets so we know!
What’s the difference between the MyMagic+ Bands and Cards?
This is probably the single biggest area of confusion surroundingMyMagic+. We have had many customers asking about the difference between the two options, so hopefully the following information will clarify the difference.
Magic Bands are issued to on-site guests.
Any customers staying at a Disney Hotel will be issued with a Magic Band. The bands include the room and ticket details (plus dining if purchased) and are designed for on-site guests to wear for convenience. Off-site guests can purchase a Magic Band at the Disney Parks should they wish. However, this is at an additional cost to your Disney ticket.
Magic Cards are issued to off-site guests.
Anyone who has bought a ticket only without a Disney Hotel will be issued with a Magic Card. The Magic Card, like the Magic Band, contains your ticket details and has been designed for off-site guests convenience around the Parks.
The very latest Magic Cards look like this and display the MyMagic+ Symbol.
Valid Theme Park admission and online registration required. Disney FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make, and available arrival windows are limited. *Availability subject to device limitations and features may vary by device or service provider. Message and data rates may apply. Coverage not available everywhere.
If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first.